I have a feeling you will thank me for sharing this recipe with you. As much as I hate to admit this, I am extremely picky about my breakfast casseroles. Those traditional ones that are holiday staples have been something I avoided my whole life…probably mostly because of the mushrooms. I tend to be a simple-food kind of gal; I like potato salad but with nothing extra in it, and I enjoy breakfast casseroles if they’re like this one!
The other morning I made this as a surprise for the hubs and he was SO excited. I can guarantee that if we have breakfast sausage in the fridge the husband will request this until I give in and make it
:-) He never tires of it. It’s a quick and easy meal to make so I’m glad the family approves!
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 roll Breakfast Sausage
- 2 c. Shredded Mexican Cheese *substitute Cheddar if necessary
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 c. Milk
- Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Dried Parsley to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and grease a 9×13″ pan.
- Crumble and cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Drain when it’s finished.
- While the sausage is cooking, line the bottom of your greased 9×13″ pan with your crescent dough.
- In a bowl or mixing cup, beat the eggs, milk, and seasonings together.
- Cover the crust with your crumbled sausage pieces and half of your shredded cheese. (You don’t have to use Mexican cheese, but I have found that it really brings the most flavor to the recipe. Cheddar is my next favorite, and mozzarella works if you’re in a pinch.)
- Cover it all with the egg mixture, and coat with the rest of your shredded cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Doesn’t that just make your mouth water? I want to make some right now. It’s the best combination of cheesy, meaty, and sweet – even a little crunchy at the edges…delicious!